Monday, August 6, 2007

Lollapalooza

We are in the midst of yet another volatile day in the market today, but regardless, it feels good to be sitting down in an air-conditioned office after spending the last three days on my feet in the muggy heat that was Lollapalooza. This was my fourth Lollapalooza festival, and even though the weather wasn't exactly pleasant, I have to rank it within the top two. Here is my ranking (last to first) of each act that I saw over the weekend:

21: Peter Bjorn and John - They were only able to play 1.5 songs due to technical difficulties, but I saw them at the Empty Bottle a few months ago and can attest that they put on a great show.

20: Bound Stems - I had to check out this local band. I wasn't impressed, but I didn't see their full set so I could be mistaken.

19: Tapes 'n Tapes

18: Aqueduct

17: Annuals

16: LCD Soundsystem

15: Viva Voce - You can't go wrong with a chick that can absolutely rock out.

14: Kid Sister

13: Pearl Jam - This was probably my 12th time seeing Eddie and the boys and they don't disappoint. Their set was even better with fireworks going off in the backdrop.

12: Ghostland Observatory - This is one of my favorite groups right now, but I didn't think the sound was great this time. Regardless, you have to witness Aaron Behrens in person to believe it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vSXDAhVxEnw

11: MIA

10: Yeah Yeah Yeahs

9: TV on the Radio

8: Matt and Kim - These two get the award for Most Fun Act.

7: Matt Roan - This Chicago DJ really knows how to shake up the party.

6: Kings of Leon - The beards are gone, but the sound is still awesome.

5: Daft Punk - The special effects for this show might have the been the coolest I've ever seen.

4: Flosstradamus

3: The Rapture

2: Cold War Kids - I can't believe I hadn't seen these guys until this weekend. I can't wait until they come back to Chicago.

1: Muse

No comments:

Post a Comment